Time: 7:00 pm (refreshments at 6:30 pm)
Location: Cheekwood Botanical Gardens
The first part of the OSMT member meeting is going to be Tom reviewing MAOC business. The next will be a discussion about prepping plants for display and show led by Rick Lockwood. Members are welcome to bring plants for sale before and after the program.
Bring Your Auction Items!
Be sure to Pre-Order your plants ASAP for 2015 Spring MAOC here in Franklin by visiting orchidsinrhythm.org/vendors for vendor contact information. There are some photos available here. Contact individual vendors directly for pre-ordering to ensure you can get exactly the plant you want at the show. Many encourage pre-ordering plants prior to the show. Each has their own deadline and conditions.
Laura Harper is collecting items for the MAOC Auction on Saturday night March 21st at the Franklin Marriott. OSMT gets to keep half of the funds raised at the auction. This can help us offset the cost of the show. This is a free, fun event so make plans to attend.
You can bring your items to Laura/Tom at the OSMT meeting on March 17th or bring them to the hotel on Friday or Saturday morning. The item(s) can be donated by you or you can contact a business and ask for a donation. Please attach a sheet of paper with your name/business to the item with an estimated cost. You will receive a letter from MAOC for tax purposes.
Suggested items to donate:
· Orchid plants or flasks—unusual, species, specimen, clean and healthy
· Orchid glassware
· Orchid dinnerware
· Orchid needlework
· Orchid clothing (tee shirt, shirt, bag, scarf, etc.)
· Orchid collectibles
· Orchid supplies
· Orchid prints/art/photography—framed or unframed
· Orchid jewelry
· Orchid books
· Gift certificates (to orchid nursery, national chains for restaurants, spa, stores)
· Homemade pies, candy, jams/jellies, etc. individually wrapped and fresh
· Tennessee related items—bottle of wine, music city memorabilia, etc.